Get three essential oil recipes that you can make with your kids, and find out how you can get more.
Essential Oil Recipes to Make with Kids
There are a ton of essential oil recipes out there for adults, but did you know that essential oils can be used for kids too?
Essential oils can help kids feel calmer, reduce stress, helps kids fall asleep, reduce anxiety, and more.
This month’s Simply Earth subscription box includes six fun recipes for kids to try, including Scented Bubbles, Natural Slime, and a Scented Stress Ball.
This post contains affiliate links.
Essential Oil Safety for Kids
First things first: let’s talk about essential oil safety.
Since essential oils are highly concentrated, they can be dangerous to little kids sensitive systems. You need to be very careful about which oils you use around kids, especially around babies and toddlers.
In fact, many people don’t recommend using essential oils on or around any child under 2 years of age.
If you’re going to be using essential oils topically, make sure to use a safe carrier oil, like almond oil, coconut oil, etc.
If you’re going to be using a diffuser, be sure that the room has ventilation and that your kids are not sensitive to the scents of the oils being diffused.
For more safety tips, Simply Earth has an excellent resource for How to Use Essential Oils Safely Around Kids.
Natural Slime Recipe
What kids don’t like slime? I’m not a huge fan, but my kids love the ooey gooey sensory experience.
Try this natural slime recipe (instructions below):
View this post on Instagram
- 2 cups warm water
- 1 Tbsp psyllium husk powder
- 1 Tsp cornstarch
- 1 drop tangerine essential oil
- 1 drop lavender essential oil
- 3-4 drops natural food coloring (optional)
- 1 Tsp fractionated coconut oil
- Add water to a medium-sized pot if using the stove (large bowl if using the microwave)
- Add in fiber, cornstarch, and food coloring
- Stir well to combine.
- Stove Instructions: Place the pot on medium/low heat, and bring it to a boil. Allow it to boil for 8 minutes, but do not stir. Keep an eye on it as the mixture can boil over. Remove from heat if it begins to boil over, and return to heat when ready.
- Microwave Instructions: Place bowl in microwave and heat for 10 minutes. Stop and restart when the mixture is about to boil over.
- Pour oils over mixture.
- Allow to cool completely before handling.
- Store in an airtight container.
Enjoy the aromatic and sensory experience of slime!
Scented Bubbles Recipe
My kids LOVE playing with bubbles in the summer! Bubbles are a relaxing summer activity that anyone would enjoy.
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 1/2 cups dish soap (clear and unscented works best)
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 5 drops lavender essential oil
- bubble wand
- Mix together all ingredients in a jar or sealable container.
- Reuse an old bubble wand or the lid of a mason jar for bubbly fun!
Scented Stress Balls Recipe
Believe it or not, kids experience stress too. One way to calm down after a stressful moment is to squeeze a stress ball that includes essential oils for aromatherapy!
Try this recipe for scented stress balls (ingredients and recipe below):
- 1 cup flour
- empty water bottle
- 5 drops Tangerine Essential Oil
- 5 drops Fir Needle Essential Oil
- 3 drops Lavender Essential Oil
- Pour the flour into an empty bottle using a funnel. (Do this over a paper plate to reduce the mess!)
- Add the essential oils to the bottle. Shake well to mix.
- Blow up the balloon and allow it to deflate. This helps to stretch the balloon.
- With a little air in the balloon, attach it to the bottle opening. Squeeze the flour and oils into the balloon.
- Pinch the end of the balloon and remove from the bottle. While still pinching the end of the balloon, gently squeeze out the excess air.
- Tie the balloon.
When kids are feeling stressed or need a moment to refocus, they can squeeze the stress ball and take deep breaths.
TIP: Remind your kids not to squeeze the stress ball too hard or there will be flour to clean up!
Pin These Recipes for Later!
Want More Essential Oil Recipes for Kids?
All of these recipes and more can be found in a Simply Earth Recipe Box!
This box also includes recipes for:
- Sweet Dreams Bath
- Sweet Dreams Roll On
- Homework Diffuser Blend
Simply Earth Recipe Subscription Box
All of these recipes and more were from the July box from Simply Earth!
Every month, in their essential recipe box, Simply Earth sends out 6 natural recipes, 4 bottles of essential oils, natural ingredients to use in the recipes, and a fun extra or two.
This month’s box included:
- lavender essential oil
- fir needle essential oil
- Sweet Dreams blend
- tangerine essential oil
- psyllium husk powder
- two Simply Earth Balloons
Simply Earth Coupon Code
Want to try a Simply Earth Essential Oils Recipe Box? Each month you’ll receive a box with 6 natural essential oils recipes, 4 bottles of 100% pure essential oils, natural ingredients to use in the recipes, and an extra item or two.
Tip: Don’t want a monthly box? You can also opt to get the quarterly subscription box which is sent every three months.
Use my code MKWBFREE to get a free $40 gift card with your purchase!
When you subscribe for the first time using my referral code, you will receive a $40 egift card with your initial subscription box and bonus box. You can then use the $40 egift card on your future purchase or next box!
Many thanks to Simply Earth for the July Box!
I have loved getting the Simply Earth boxes these past few months to try out. I have learned so much about using essential oils in my every day life.
I learned :
- about cleaning my home with essential oils
- about using essential oils around pets
- about using essential oils for summer skin care
- and of course, using essential oils with kids.
Have you thought about using essential oils or do you already? Have you thought about trying a box from Simply Earth?
I’d love to hear from you!