30th Birthday Gift Ideas
As you may or may not know, I’ll be turning (gulp) 30 years old in about two months. While for the most part I’m okay with being that old, there are some days when I just cannot believe that thirty years have flown by so fast.
I mean, I remember when my mom turned thirty. It was a pretty big deal, especially still she insisted that she was still 29 (and even to this day at almost 50 she still insists she is 29). Thirty was old, like grandmother old. There was talk of grey hairs, having a hard time losing the baby weight (at that point, she had four kids already!), and many other things that old people talk about….
And here I am. Nearly thirty.
It ain’t so bad, really. I don’t have any grey hairs yet (advantage of being blonde), I’m married with two soon-to-be-three kids, I have a Master’s degree, I did well with my teaching career and transitioned into being a SAHM, and here I am, writing the story of my life.
C’est la vie!
I’ve been thinking about birthday presents. Selfish? Perhaps, but I know my family is going to ask me anyway. I don’t want a big party like I threw for my husband two years back, so that’ll save them some money. I also don’t have too many wants or desires that are crazy. I’m pretty practical when it comes to me; in fact, as I am writing this, I know that most of the things I’ll casually mention in conversation will be mostly for the baby, the family, and the house, not entirely for me.
Here’s what I’ve come up with so far:
- A new infant carrier car seat. I have my eyes on one from Baby Trend, one that will match my double stroller and fit better in the car. Currently, I have my five year old Graco car seat that has served me very well, but it’s big, heavy, and I don’t think it will fit in between the convertible car seat for my daughter and the booster seat for my son. I’m even willing to trade in the Graco seat at the Babies R’ Us Great Trade-In Event to save some money!
- A new pack n’ play. This was another Graco product that I had and loved, but due to an unfortunate milk accident, it is ruined and stinky despite all efforts to clean it. It too is five years old and served me well, but it’s time for an upgrade, preferably one with the handy bassinet feature like the one I have.
- Matching pot holders and dish towels. Yes, I am willing to receive these for a birthday gift! The ones I have from nearly seven years ago when I married are no longer cutting it, plus quite a few of the towels are stained..I’d like a new set I’d be proud to have out in the open if company visits!
- A new Wifi router. A few months ago, our wifi router bit the dust. It’d be nice to be able to use the laptop I bought for writing blog posts and articles once more, to, you know, publish them online. It doesn’t have to be anything fancy, but functional would be nice.
- Laundry that does itself. That isn’t too much to ask, is it? Moving on…
- A portrait studio session for the family. We haven’t had our pictures formally taken since I was pregnant with my daughter two years ago. In fact, those are the only formal pictures that poor girl has, and she technically isn’t even in them except when I say she’s in my belly!
- Babysitting services once the baby arrives. We have a scheduled date for the baby, but as we found out with my daughter who came three weeks early, the best laid plans of mice and pregnant women often go astray. Currently, the baby is scheduled to be delivered via c-section the Friday before Easter. I’ll be about 39 weeks then, and it’ll work out great because my husband will already have the days off because of the holiday. I’d like to have some family on standby for babysitting the other two kids in case this plan does not go, well, as planned. I’ll be spending about 3-4 days in the hospital, plus I’ll need some help when I go home and my hubby goes back to work.
What would you ask for? Leave me a comment!