5 Other Uses for Muslin Swaddle Blankets
Do you have muslin swaddle blankets for your baby? I have quite the collection of them now, even though Baby #4 isn’t here yet! Why? Because they have other uses other than for just swaddling babies!
Here’s 5 other uses for muslin swaddle blankets other than just for swaddling babies:
- Use muslin swaddle blankets as light blankets for older kids at home and on the go! My kids love using muslin swaddle blankets when they’re relaxing on the couch or when we’re on long rides in the car. I even brought one along with me on a plane to keep from getting too cold. They fold up pretty small, so they don’t take up much space in the car or in a bag.
- Use muslin swaddle blankets as a photo backdrop. Many swaddle blankets come with designs on them. You can use them as photo backdrops for your baby or even for other photo opportunities! (See photos of Elsa and the HipCity Sak below!)
- Use muslin swaddle blankets as a car seat cover. Muslin swaddle blankets are the perfect size to use as a car seat cover when transporting your baby to or from the car to protect from the elements. Just don’t keep them covered up in the car!
- Use muslin swaddle blankets as a stroller blanket. Muslin swaddle blankets are great for stroller rides to keep baby warm on a cool day.
- Use muslin swaddle blankets as nursing covers. In a pinch, muslin swaddle blankets can be used as nursing covers since they are light and breathable. They can be a tad too thin though, for full coverage, so keep that in mind.
Here’s another example of using a muslin blanket as a photo background:Did you know there are other uses for muslin swaddle blankets? #babies Click To Tweet
About Savvy Baby Muslin Swaddle Blankets
These Muslin Swaddle Blankets by Savvy Baby are a nice set that doesn’t break the budget like other muslin swaddle blanket sets can. The prints are gender neutral, which is great for parents who are going to be surprised by the gender of their babies (like me!).
The blankets are HUGE compared to the standard hospital swaddle blankets, making them great for not only swaddling but also for all of the reasons I listed above.
They’re not as soft right out of the package, even though made from 100% high quality muslin cotton, but they get softer with each wash. I have washed them now twice and they’re much softer than when I first opened them. I plan on bringing at least one of them with me in my hospital bag for when Baby #4 arrives.
Where to Find Muslin Swaddle Blankets
You can purchase these muslin swaddle blankets on Amazon!
Note: I received this product for free in exchange for my honest review. All words and opinions are mine. All products I receive to review are thoroughly tested before reviews are written, as you can see in my other reviews. I would not recommend anything that didn’t work for me and my family.
Join the Conversation!
Follow Mommy Knows What’s Best on her social media profiles to get all of the latest updates!