Does your child need practice with his or her letters, letter sounds, and numbers? Do you want to prepare your young child for school but you can’t afford the high cost of a quality preschool? Try ABCmouse.com!
- The site is well organized and includes a section for parents, which means they encourage parental involvement, something I love as a former teacher.
- The step-by-step lessons and activities are all in six graduating academic levels from Toddlers Age 2 to a Kindergarten Level Age 5+.
- The lessons and activities are not just entertainment. While they can be entertaining, each serves as a lesson in reading, math, science, art or music.
- Repetition is used to teach a concept. The tasks aren’t necessarily exactly the same, but the concepts are presented in a variety of ways a few times so that the student absorbs what is being taught.
- In order to ‘play’ with some of the bonus activities, including taking care of a fish tank and taking care of a hamster, the student needs to earn tickets by completing academic lessons first, preventing them from only playing with the fun extras.
- It gives you the option of having the site become ‘full-screen’. On other sites, it was too easy for my son to accidentally click outside of the site onto something else either on the Internet or on the desktop.
- There are no ads. Again, accidental clicking on other sites either made ads appear or took my son to other sites, both of which can wreak havoc on a computer when clicked on by a four year old who may not know how to navigate away from them. Plus, many ads on other sites aren’t even suitable for little kids!
Mommy Knows What’s Best was not compensated for this review, but did receive the subscription for the review. All opinions are honest and based on experience. All other participating blogs were not compensated for the review.
This post does contain affiliate links.