Issue date: 05/18/18.
What is a Cookie on a Website?
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that is stored on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
This website uses the following cookies:
Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of this website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to leave comments or join my newsletter email list.
Analytical/performance cookies. They allow the system to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the website when they are using it. This helps to improve the way the website works, for example, by ensuring that users find what they are looking for easily.
Functionality cookies. These are used to recognize you when you return to this website. This enables me to personalize my content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to the website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. This information is used to make the website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. This information may also be shared with third parties for this purpose (example: Google Adsense, etc.)
You can find more information about the individual cookies this website uses and the purposes for which they are used below.
First-party cookies: This website will set some cookies that are essential for the website to operate correctly. These cookies, none of which capture personally identifiable information, are as follows:
- Visitor ID–this cookie is a numeric value that identifies unique visitors and provides coherence and consistency to a site visit;
- Page Number–this cookie identifies the page you are on;
- Session ID–this cookie identifies your website session;
- Test–this cookie checks whether or not your browser supports cookies.
Third-party cookies: This website will set several types of third-party cookie, and I do not control the operation of any of them. The third-party cookies which may be set include:
- Askimet –I use Askimet to block spam comments. It’s a plug-in that blocks suspicious comments (including suspicious IP addresses) so that I don’t have to spend huge chunks of time deleting spam comments. You can view their terms of service right here: https://akismet.com/tos/
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
If you have any questions, please email me at email@example.com