Money tight? Need to budget? Learn how to earn gift cards and cash back from shopping.
Earn Gift Cards When Shopping
Do you know that time after the holidays when money can be tight since you spent money buying gifts and décor? Sometimes it can take a while to recover after all that holiday spending.
Other than cutting unnecessary spending for a while, what else could you do to earn money for that time until everything balances out?
You can earn gift cards or even cash back while holiday shopping!
This post contains affiliate or referral links.
Cash Back Apps and Rewards Apps
Shopping apps can help you earn back cash or gift cards that can be used after the holidays for regular expenses. Some can transfer cash either right to your bank or PayPal (or even Venmo) while others have a variety of gift cards to choose from, including Visa, Walmart, Target, Amazon, Walgreens, and many more.
When I shop in-store for the holidays, I use a combination of shopping apps. Many of them can be used together on the same items for extra savings.
When I shop online, I use whichever app or extension is going to give me the most money or rewards back.
I save up my earnings in PayPal cash or gift cards to be used during the rest of the holiday season or after the holidays. Every little bit helps, especially with four kiddos!
My favorite shopping apps for cash back or gift card rewards include:
- Ibotta– Ibotta has to be my favorite cash back app, mostly because I use it for not only holiday spending but everyday spending as well. Ibotta lists offers that you can choose from and earn money back. That money can be cashed out to Paypal, my bank, or on gift cards. You can even use cash back earned toward other gift cards as you shop! In my time using the app over the years, I have earned back almost $4k! Earn bonus cash back when you join Ibotta for free today!
- Fetch– Fetch is great for grocery purchases, gas purchases, restaurant visits, and more! Get points for certain brand name items, and earn rewards. They even give points for any receipt you snap a photo of that is in their TOS. Earn gift card rewards with so many to choose from. Get 2000 points when you join for free today. Use CODE MR5EG if prompted.
- Amazon Shopper Panel: Snap photos of 10 receipts a month, get a $10 Amazon gift card!
- Shopkick– Get points called ‘kicks’ for walking in certain stores, earn kicks for scanning items in-store, and earn kicks for in-store and online purchases. Shopkick works at stores like Walmart, Walgreens, Rite Aid, Target, Lowes, Wegmans, CVS and many more. Get 250 kicks when you join for free today! Use CODE DEAL022590 if prompted.
- Receipt Hog– Easily snap photos of receipts and get coins. Redeem coins for gift cards or Paypal. Really easy to use!! Get bonus coins when you join for free! Use CODE sapt5857 when prompted.
- Receipt Pal- With Receipt Pal, you take photos of qualifying receipts and get points. Redeem for gift cards. SUPER easy to use. (Not accepting new members at this time. Hang tight!)
- Swagbucks Tada App– Get points for qualifying purchases at stores. Redeem points called SBs for gift cards, PayPal and more! (You can actually earn SBs for more than just shopping!) Join for free today and earn 150 bonus SBs!
- Dosh- Link up your cards and earn cash back for purchases. Purchases automatically show up and give you credit. No need to snap receipts! Join for free today.
- Rakuten– Shop through their app or Chrome extension and get cash back from retailers. Join for free and get a bonus $30 when you spend your first $30!
Did you know that PayPal even has shopping offers? In their app, you can find a variety of cash back deals! Get the app today and earn a bonus $10 back when you spend $5!
I have used most of these apps for 5 years or more, and I regularly earn cash back and gift cards from them. It’s so great to have so many options!
It all adds up after holiday shopping, helping you to make ends meet until everything balances back out again.
Do You Use Any Cash Back Apps for Shopping?
Do you use any cash back apps that help? Have a comment about any I mentioned? Leave a comment below!