Box Tops for Education
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of General Mills®. The opinions and text are all mine.
My oldest son goes to a small public charter school. Compared to the larger public schools around, this school gets less funding, which means less supplies and other necessities teachers need in the classroom. To help remedy the need, we parents band together every year to collect Box Tops for Education, which can be used by the school to buy whatever the teachers need.
Every Box Top our families collect means so much. In fact, in the past few years, we’ve been averaging $2,000-$3,000 earned from just collecting box tops. For our small school, that’s huge! It’s money that is used for things in the classroom, like extra supplies, or even for t-shirts for special events, which normally wouldn’t be funded by the school’s traditional budget.
What are Box Tops for Education?
You have probably seen the little labels on some of your favorite grocery items. Box Tops for Education is one of America’s largest school earnings loyalty programs. Box Tops are labels, each worth $0.10, that can be sent back to General Mills, and General Mills sends money back to the schools to use for whatever they want or need.
Over 80,000 K-8 schools participate. Can you imagine that? If my little school gets back $2,000 a year, imagine how much money General Mills is giving to education! In fact, Box Tops for Education has contributed over $525 million to participating schools since the launch of the program in 1996!
Box Tops Collection Sheets
To make things easier for parents (and for those of us who count the Box Tops), our PTO sometimes sends out Box Tops Collection Sheets every few weeks. This way, the Box Tops are properly cut and the sheets can be counted as groups instead of counting out individual Box Tops, which can take hours.
Of course, many of the Box Tops we do receive come individually, but hey, that’s okay. We count them up anyway so we can earn money for our school!
Where to Find Bonus Box Tops for Education
Did you know there are General Mills products with Bonus Box Tops? Instead of getting just one label to submit, you can get a few to submit at once!
We find our Bonus Box Tops at Walmart. There is a whole bunch of products there with Bonus Box Tops, including:
- – Honey Nut CheeriosTM (2, 17oz ea.)
– Cinnamon Toast CrunchTM (2, 16.2oz ea.)
– Reese’s® Peanut Butter Puffs® (22.9oz)
– Cinnamon Toast CrunchTM (24.9oz)
– CheeriosTM (21oz)
– Honey Nut CheeriosTM (21.6oz)
– Star WarsTM (10.5oz)
– Nature ValleyTM Crunchy Granola Bars (Oats & Honey, Value pack)
– Nature ValleyTM Crunchy Granola Bars (Peanut Butter, XXct)
– Fiber OneTM 90 Calorie Brownies (12ct)
– Fiber OneTM 90 Calorie Brownies (Mint Fudge, 12ct)
– Chex MixTM (Traditional, 15oz)
– Chex MixTM (Cheddar, 15oz)
– Betty CrockerTM Scooby Doo!TM Fruit Shapes (20ct)
– Sunkist® Fruit Shapes (24ct)
– Betty CrockerTM Fruit by the FootTM (Berry Tie-DyeTM, Color by the Foot, 12ct)
– Mott’s® Medleys Fruit Snacks (Assorted Fruit, 24ct)
– Betty CrockerTM Hamburger HelperTM (Beef Pasta, Twin Pack)
– Old El PasoTM Stand ‘n StuffTM (Soft Flour Tortillas)
– Betty CrockerTM Specialty Potatoes (Au Gratin, Twin Pack)
– Betty CrockerTM Specialty Potatoes (Scalloped, Twin Pack)
– Yoplait® Original Fridge Packs (Strawberry, Banana, 12pk)
– Yoplait® Original Fridge Packs (Peach, Strawberry, 12pk)
– PillsburyTM Crescent Dinner Rolls (8ct)
– PillsburyTM Cinnamon Rolls (8ct)
– Totino’sTM Pizza RollsTM Brand Pizza Snacks (Cheese, 90ct)
– And many more!
My two youngest love helping me find the Bonus Box Tops as we’re shopping. My 4 year old is learning her numbers, so when she sees the 5 Bonus Box Tops labels, she points them out for me.
I really like that the Bonus Box Tops are on products that I would buy for my family on a normal basis. It’s a win-win: the school gets extra money, and we enjoy products we already love!
With the already Every Day Low Prices at Wal-Mart, I know I’m saving money as well. That’s important to me as a mom who needs to spend money wisely!
You too can help earn money for your school and save money shopping for the products you already love. Visit here to learn more about the program and start earning money for your school!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of General Mills®. The opinions and text are all mine. Comments submitted may be displayed on other websites owned by the sponsoring brand.