When a Stay at Home Mom Gets Sick
Remember when I wrote about what to do when a stay at home mom gets sick during cold and flu season? One of my top suggestions is to “Be Prepared“. Part of being prepared is having items on hand that will help you feel better as you go about your day taking care of your kiddos or doing household chores.
Here’s my list of five must-haves for stay at home moms when they’re sick with a cold or the flu:
- Tea and lemon or honey. Tea can help soothe some of the ailments from a cold or the flu. Any kind of warm tea will do, but peppermint tea or herbal teas are great for colds. You can add lemon to herbal teas for extra Vitamin C, or honey to tea to soothe a sore throat. A few cups a day when you’re sick can help you feel better.
- Boogie Wipes: You may think these are just for kids, but Boogie Wipes are so much more soothing than traditional tissues for a runny nose. The last thing you want when chasing around your kiddos when you’re sick is a sore nose from wiping it all the time! I like that Boogie Wipes are super gentle on my own nose when I’m sick.
- Plan for the kiddos. There are just some times when you’re sick that you cannot physically move enough to keep your kids entertained. Get a small storage box and fill it with fun activities that will keep your kids happy, like PlayDoh, coloring books (those Color Wonder markers are fun!), puzzles, and more. Also include a list of movies that they don’t see all the time that would capture their attention for a while (not Frozen…don’t include Frozen). I like that I can turn on Amazon Instant Video to find all kinds of new movies for the kids!
- Vicks DayQuil Severe Cold & Flu. Having a medicine on hand like Vicks DayQuil Severe will help you tremendously. It has maximum symptom-fighting ingredients to relieve your worst cold and flu symptoms, which is perfect for stay at home moms who need all-day relief from a cold or flu. It’s non-drowsy so you can accomplish your daily tasks and comes in caplets or liquid.
- Vicks NyQuil Severe Cold and Flu. At the end of the day when you’re exhausted from being sick and being Mom, nothing is worse than not being able to sleep because of your cold and flu symptoms. It gives you maximum strength nighttime cold and flu relief, so you can take back your night and get much needed rest. It also has a decongestant to help you breathe better, and comes in caplets or liquid.
Vicks DayQuil and NyQuil Severe: Do They Work?
When I signed up to write this post, I did not anticipate being sick, but boy, was I wrong! Not long after I stocked up on both DayQuil and NyQuil Severe, I got a nasty cold. Being that I still had to be a functioning human being for the sake of my kiddos, I took the DayQuil to see how it works.
It definitely relieved my symptoms. My sore throat felt better, and I noticed a lot less sinus congestion. It even relieved my sinus headache that was preventing me from getting things done around the house.
I also tried the NyQuil Severe so that I could rest comfortably. Let me tell you, (and my husband would say the same), it knocks you out fast. Luckily for me, I took it after the kiddos were in bed
Vicks DayQuil and NyQuil Severe are available at Walmart.com and in stores. Be sure to stock up to prepare for cough, cold and flu season! At Walmart, you can find everything you need to help you feel better.
This is a sponsored post for SheSpeaks/P&G. All opinions are my own. This post contains affiliate links, from which I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.
You May Also Like:
Lori Peterson says
I have an in home day care (almost 28 years now!) and DayQuil is the only thing that gets me thru when I get a nasty cold!