How to Reduce a Fever in a Child without Medicine
This is a sponsored post on behalf of BeKOOOL. This post contains affiliate links.
How do you help your child when he or she has a fever? Do you try to give medicine, or would you rather a different way to help reduce the fever?
While many parents would head right for the medicine, some would rather not, which is totally okay. A fever is the body’s way of fighting off infections, so it is seen as a healthy sign if the body is responding with a mild fever.Learn how to reduce a fever in #kids without using medicine #BeKOOOL #health
Here is how to reduce a fever in a child without medicine:
- Encourage rest. I know kids love to be kids and play around, but when a child has a fever, it’s great if he or she can get some rest. Most likely your child won’t be feeling well enough to be running around, but
- Offer plenty of fluids. It’s important to keep your kids hydrated and help cool the body a bit from the inside out.
- Give a lukewarm bath. Sometimes a cooler bath helps to reduce fevers and achiness that sometimes accompanies fevers.
- Use a cool cloth or the super handy BeKOOOL soft gel sheets on the forehead. A cool cloth is easy to use and can help reduce fevers, although they tend to dry up and get warm after a little bit. BeKOOOL’s safe non-medicated gel sheets can provide up to 8 hours of cooling relief and are super handy to have around in case of fevers.
If the fever doesn’t seem to go down or go away, you can always try a dose of a fever reducer like acetaminophen, but make sure to use the proper dosing. And of course, if nothing is working, contact your doctor and seek treatment.
Fever Treatment Using BeKOOOL
I was glad when I was contacted by BeKOOOL about their gel sheets. I really like the concept of non-medicated methods to treat fevers in little kids, especially this time of year!
Parents no longer have to watch their kids suffer while they wait for medicine to kick in thanks to BeKOOOL’s immediate and long-lasting cooling relief. BeKOOOL’s non-medicated soft gel sheets are convenient and fit in your diaper bag or purse. These adhesive and non-messy gel sheets are a wonderful alternative to the traditional messy washcloth or warm bath. Your kids will even think they’re ‘koool’ because they have Disney characters on them.
BeKOOOL’s easy-to-use, soft gel sheets:
- Stick to kids’ foreheads, so little ones who are sick can comfortably rest and relax
- Provide up to eight hours of cooling relief
- Safe to use with fever-reducing medicine (it’s non-medicated)
My kiddos and I tried out a gel sheet to see if it really is cool. It was easy to take out of the package and apply, which is good to know for when the kiddos really are sick!
It is immediately cool to the touch. Another good feature is that after it is removed, there was no sticky residue on our foreheads.
Enter to Win this Giveaway! (CLOSED)
Thanks to BeKOOOL, you can win the line of BeKOOOL products, a Kinsa Smart Thermometer, two books from the Llama Llama series, and Dad to Dad, a book by pediatrician Dr. David Hill, all valued at more than $90!
About the prizes:
- BeKOOOL Soft Gel Sheets for Kids: Single-use gel sheets for kids that provide immediate cooling relief from fever for up to eight hours.
- BeKOOOL Migraine: Single-use cooling gel sheets that provide immediate soothing relief from migraine headaches.
- Kinsa Smart Thermometer: Kinsa builds app-enabled thermometers that offer
- peace of mind by remembering illness details, and guiding you on next steps if fever and symptoms are cause for concern.
- Dad to Dad: Parenting Like a Pro: Expert advice, guidance, and insight from pediatrician-Dad, Dr. David L. Hill.
- Llama Llama Holiday Drama & Llama Llama Home With Mama: With short and simple rhyming text, the Llama Llama books are perfect for educating and entertaining kids.
This giveaway is easy to enter.
First, join the conversations over at Mommy Knows What’s Best on Facebook by liking my page! (Not required, but the more the merrier, plus you’ll always be in the know about new giveaways!)
Don’t forget! Come back each day to complete the daily entries!
Giveaway Begins: November 16th 12:00 am EST
Giveaway Ends: November 30th 11:59 pm EST
Disclaimer: Giveaway begins 11/16/15 and ends 11/30/15. Mommy Knows What’s Best is not responsible for prize fulfillment. One entrant/email per household. One winner will be chosen randomly. Void where prohibited. Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram are in no way affiliated with this giveaway. If you have any questions, please email Marissa at MommyKnowsWhatsBest (at) gmail.com.