Save money on Black Friday and Cyber Monday with these useful tips.
Want to Save Money on Black Friday and Cyber Monday?
Tis the season to shop til’ you drop! Are you ready to shop? How do you save money on these popular shopping days?
Of course, the most obvious way to save your money is to not shop during these popular shopping days. It’s been found that the discounts on these days are not as special as we once thought they were. Plus, we often end up buying things we or others don’t really need.
But….if you’re still inclined to shop and find great deals on these two days, great!
Here are a few ways to save money on Black Friday or Cyber Monday:
- Plan your purchases in advance. Make a list of items you’d like to shop for and where you might find them. Try not to shop without a plan.
- Do some research beforehand about the current price of the items to see if the discounts are enough. There are a variety of websites to use to track prices, or you could simply do it using Google. Open Google or your mobile Chrome browser. Search for something you’d like to buy. Click on the Shopping tab and select one of the products. Click on View Product Details. Once you’re on the product page, turn on “Track price”.
- Sign up for emails or texts from the stores where you want to shop. Stores and websites will often send out discount codes and free shipping codes along with other information about sales.
- Watch for emails or ads about the items you’re eyeing up. Once you’ve signed up for notifications, keep checking them to get updates.
- Compare prices or discounts in-store AND online. Sometimes, prices will vary in-store vs online. Be aware of the store’s policy about honoring any price differences before you shop.
- Use cash-back money saving apps. There are quite a few cash-back and money saving apps that offer even more savings. I highlight my favorites below.
Cash Back Shopping Apps for Black Friday and Cyber Monday
My favorite way to save money is to use a cash-back app like Ibotta. I use Ibotta for almost every shopping trip, and I earn cash back on so many items I already use. During the holidays, it really adds up!
Besides Ibotta, I use a combination of other shopping apps. Many of them can be used together on the same items for extra savings.
I save up my earnings in Paypal cash or gift cards to be used during the rest of the holiday season.
My favorite shopping apps for cash back or gift card rewards include:
- Fetch– Great for grocery purchases, gas purchases, and more! Get points for certain brand name items, and earn rewards. They even give points for any receipt you snap a photo of that is in their TOS. Earn gift card rewards. Get 2000 points when you join for free today. Use CODE MR5EG if prompted.
- Amazon Shopper Panel: Snap photos of 10 receipts a month, get a $10 Amazon gift card!
- Shopkick– Get ‘kicks’ for walking in certain stores, earn kicks for scanning items in-store, and earn kicks for in-store and online purchases. Works at stores like Walmart, Walgreens, Rite Aid, Target, Lowes, Wegmans, CVS and more. Get 250 kicks when you join for free today! Use CODE DEAL022590 if prompted.
- Receipt Hog– Snap photos of receipts and get coins. Redeem coins for gift cards or Paypal. Super easy to use!! Get bonus coins when you join for free! Use CODE sapt5857 when prompted.
- Receipt Pal- Snap photos of qualifying receipts and get points. Redeem for gift cards. SUPER easy to use. (Not accepting new members at this time. Hang tight!)
- Swagbucks Tada App– Get points for qualifying purchases. Redeem points for gift cards, PayPal and more! (You can actually earn SBs for more than just shopping!) Join for free today and earn 150 bonus SBs!
- Dosh- Link up your cards and earn cash back for purchases. Purchases automatically show up and give you credit. No need to snap receipts! Join for free today.
- Rakuten– Shop through their app or Chrome extension and get cash back from retailers. Join for free and get a bonus $30 when you spend your first $30!
Did you know that Paypal even has shopping offers? In their app, you can find a variety of cash back deals! Get the app today and earn a bonus $10 back when you spend $5!
I have used most of these apps for 5 years or more, and I regularly earn cash back and gift cards from them. It’s great to have so many options!
How Do You Save Money on Black Friday or Cyber Monday?
Do you have any other money saving tips for these shopping days? Leave a comment below!