How to Stay Healthy When You Travel
The holiday season is one of the busiest travel seasons during the year. It’s estimated that every year millions of Americans, as many as 90 million or more, travel 50 miles or more away from home between Thanksgiving and Christmas.
That’s a lot of potentially sick, germy air being passed around, especially on planes, in trains, and on buses. Yuck!
What can you do to make sure you stay healthy when you travel?
- First, you need to keep your hands clean. Why? Your hands transmit germs from any surface you have touched to your face. Think about all of the times you put your hands near your face during the day, and then think about how many things you have touched: door handles, railings, desks, light switches, etc.
- It would also help if you had a way to keep the surfaces you touch clean as much as possible. It may not be feasible in public places all of the time, but if you could use a cleaning wipe on arm rests or seat belts, you could reduce the number of germs you would be touching with your hands.
- Building and maintaining your immune system can also keep you healthy. To build and maintain a healthy immune system, it’s important to get enough rest every day. It’s also important to take a daily vitamin, especially one with Vitamin C to give your immune system a boost.
How the SKYREADY Travel Kit Can Help You Stay Healthy as You Travel
Having the SkyReady Travel Kit with you can help you stay healthy as you travel to your destination and as you return to your home this holiday season.
Thanks to SkyReady I was sent this travel kit to show you in my Holiday Gift Guide. This travel kit was delve loped by an ER nurse who traveled quite frequently and wanted to develop a way to keep travelers from getting sick.
Inside this travel kit, is a few products to help you stay healthy when you travel, including:
- Clean Well cleaning wipes, to clean off arm rests, serving trays, buttons, knobs….anything you may touch during your travels.
- Hand sanitizer, to clean your hands before you eat or after you use the restroom, or anytime your hands feel grimy,
- Ear plugs, help mute any sounds that may disturb you as you try to get some rest,
- Emergen-C, to help boost your immune system with vitamin C and to help you stay hydrated,
- Sleep mask, to help keep the light from disturbing you as you rest,
- Face mask, to keep you from spreading germs if you’re sick, or to protect you from any germs that might be in the air from others who may be sick. It might even be nice to pass on to a fellow traveler who may be sick and spreading germs!
See what’s in the SKYREADY Kit here:
Where to Buy the SKYREADY Travel Kit
The SKYREADY Travel Kit is sold on Amazon.
SKYREADY wants to give one of you a SKYREADY Travel Kit!
Giveaway Begins: November 1st 10:00 pm EST
Giveaway Ends: November 16th 11:59 pm EST
Open to US residents, 18+
To enter this giveaway, complete the Giveaway Tools form below. All entries, except for the first freebie, are optional.
Disclaimer: This blog was not compensated nor is responsible for prize delivery. Giveaway begins 11/1/14 and ends 11/16/14. One entrant/email per household. One winner will be chosen randomly from Giveaway Tools. Void where prohibited. The winner has 48 hours to respond to the congratulatory email. If the winner does not respond, a new winner will be randomly chosen by Giveaway Tools. Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram are in no way affiliated with this giveaway. If you have any questions, please email Marissa at MommyKnowsWhatsBest (at) gmail.com.