I normally don’t review apps on my site, but my Ibotta review is one you should read. Why?
I have personally used Ibotta for the past 5 years, and I’m still using it. In fact, I use it every time I shop. Plus, with the new updates, using Ibotta is even better!
What is Ibotta?
Ibotta is an app that you can use to get cash back on things you use and buy every day. It’s totally free to download and use on both Android and IOS.
7 of the Latest Updates on Ibotta
Ibotta has changed a few things about how the app is used, and they’re all for the benefit of its members! The top two are my favorite:
- No more barcode scanning. Perhaps what was most time consuming about using the app was having to scan barcodes before submitting a receipt. This past May, Ibotta announced that rebates may be redeemed without having to scan barcodes. It’s not in all stores yet, but I can confirm that it has worked for me in both Walmart and Target. Sometimes, if the app cannot read a receipt it may ask you to scan the barcodes, but I have only had that happen once so far.
- Multiple redemptions. In the old Ibotta, you used to be able to only redeem one rebate for one item. Now, many rebates can be used twice or more on one receipt!
- Easier to use. Ibotta updated its user experience. The Gallery (where you find rebates) can be searched by store or by category. It can be used horizontally or vertically, depending on how you’re searching. There’s now also a “For You” section that recommends relevant rebates.
- You can personalize your experience. When you open the app, you are now given the option to choose the stores you use and to choose the apps you use. These are based on what is in your area, but you can still see national rebates if you choose.
- There is increased inventory. You’ll be able to find THOUSANDS of rebates within the app, with over 400 that will be stocked in Walmart alone.
- There are new mobile shopping rebates. Use Amazon, eBay, Hotels.com, Ticektmaster, or Groupon? There are rebates for them, along with many other online retailors and apps!
- You can now get money back for Uber! This is very new, and it’s going to be a recurring rebate for Uber users! PLUS, there is a BONUS that if you take 3 rides before July 1st, you’ll get a $5 ride code!
How to Use Ibotta
- Download the app on your device. Click here to join for free using my referral link! If you join, you’ll get a $10 BONUS just for trying the app! (Bonus will be applied after you redeem your first rebate. Note: When you join using my link and redeem your first rebate within 14 days, I’ll get referral credit. Thanks! And guess what? When you invite others to join using your link through the app, you can get referral credit too!! See more about that below.)
- Follow the instructions to fill out your profile. Easy peasy.
- Explore the app. I always recommend doing this for any app you download. Start with the HELP section found under the Account button. Read about how everything works. Check out the Bonuses available, also found under the Account button. Search through the Featured rebates, etc, etc.
- Find Rebates! Search for rebates by category or store. I usually search by store since I have an idea of where I’m headed. If I have time, I go through all of the rebates and compare what is in the app to what is on my shopping list. If I don’t have time, I search for the things I need individually or even scan as I go in store.
- Scan receipts. After shopping, make sure what you bought is in your rebates list, and click on the Redeem button. Follow the directions for your receipt. (If you shopped through the app online, then your purchase will be tracked automatically.
- Wait for your cash back. I usually get my cash back within an hour, but it can take up to 24 hours.
- Withdraw cash. This is the best part! Once you have $20 in your account, you can cash out by either sending money to Paypal or Venmo, or purchasing a gift card from a long list of retailers, including : Amazon, Best Buy, Whole Foods Market, Uber, Walmart, Starbucks, and more.
♥ Check Ibotta every few days for new rebates.
♥ Check the Bonuses every few weeks for new challenges and bonuses to complete for more cash back!
♥ Use Ibotta in addition to using apps like Target Cartwheel, Walmart Savings Catcher, or sites like Dealspotr for MORE SAVINGS!
♥ Use cash back to save for Christmas shopping, birthday presents, a vacation, or more online shopping!
♥ Invite friends to Ibotta and get cash back for those referrals! For a limited time, when you refer a friend, you get $5. Once you refer three friends, you get $15 PLUS a bonus of $15 for a total of $30! (Note: New users must redeem their first rebate within two weeks in order for you to get the referral credit).
Ibotta Review: My Experience
As I said above, I have been using Ibotta for about 5 years now. In those five years, I have earned a total of $862.40 in cash back.
I hold the top rank out of all my active teammates, but a few of my friends are catching up!
I check Ibotta before I go shopping for anything. No joke! I redeem rebates on toilet paper, cleaning supplies, fruits and veggies, pantry items, milk, baby food pouches, vitamins, clothes, Amazon purchases, and so much more!
As the years have passed, I have been finding more and more rebates on items I use every day. I’m not just buying things to get the rebates. I actually use the items in my every day life!
Being on a team makes it very easy to get a least two out of the three team bonuses every month. It’s extra cash back for me AND them!
There were a few hiccups here and there, like when an item wasn’t recognized, but the support center has been very helpful.
♥ All in all, I would highly recommend downloading Ibotta and using it to get cash back when you shop! If you join, you’ll get a $10 BONUS just for trying the app! (Bonus will be applied after you redeem your first rebate.)
Let Me Know What You Think of My Ibotta Review!
♥ Did you learn anything new from my Ibotta review? Are you going to join? Let me know in the comments below!
♥ Are you already a member? How much have you earned back?