What can you put on the floor of a playroom? Check out this idea!
Kids Playroom Flooring
Kids Playroom Flooring, Featuring the playMAT PLUS Rveiew
Do you have a dedicated playroom in your house? For years we haven’t had one, and finally I have been able to set one up! It’s been fun rearranging the room and getting it ready for the kids and their toys, but one of my obstacles was finding the perfect kids playroom flooring since the room only had hardwood floors.
While in excellent shape, the floor isn’t comfy at all to sit down and play, so I had to find a solution to make the room more inviting for the kids.
When it comes to kids playroom flooring, you have several options:
- Soft but stain-resistant carpeting–Carpeting for a playroom should be stain-resistant, especially if your kids will have any food or drinks in the room or plan on coloring with markers or paint
- Soft stain-resistant area rug— This flooring option, again stain resistant, can be used to cover hardwood floors and also to cover wall-to-wall carpeting that either needs some love or that you don’t want worn through by your kids and their toys.
- Interlocking foam floor mats— These are cool because they can add some color to a playroom, plus they can be rearranged or put in a pattern. Some of these foam floor mats double as giant puzzles, like one that I had for the kids a few years ago that had letters in the center of the tiles. What I like about them is that they are cushiony ( I made that word up) enough for kids to play on, but I don’t like that babies and toddlers like to chew on them. If they get a sizable piece of foam in their mouths, they could choke. Not my cup of tea.
- Cushioned playmats— Did you have a tummy-time mat for your baby? Chances are it was a mini-cushioned playmat, complete with a color pattern or picture on one side. A full-sized cushioned playmat is perfect for a playroom, especially when it has a side that kids can use for imaginative play!
I chose to go with a cushioned play mat because it was perfect for the size of the playroom and it was cost effective. Most cushioned playmats range in price from $20-$100, so there’s a price for every budget.
Prince Lionheart playMAT PLUS Review
Thanks to Prince Lionheart, I was sent the Prince Lionheart playMAT PLUS to review and use in my kids playroom.
The Prince Lionheart playMAT PLUS is a cushioned mat that is :
- reversible, with two sides of playful art
- water-resistant and wipes clean with a damp cloth
- non-toxic, safe for kids
I like that this mat is LARGE! It is approximately 5.8′ x 5′ and boasts of 30 sq ft of play, which means that all three of my kids could play on it or that even I could lie down on the mat with the kids to play and I would fit.
I also like the two-sided feature. On one side of our mat, there is a farm scene , and on the other side there is a city scene with roads for cars to drive on.
There are also mats with dinosaurs, ABCs, and sea creatures along with the city scene.
What’s great about the playMAT PLUS is that it can be used through all stages of early childhood, from tummy time with a baby to imaginative play time with kids ages 5-10.
The Prince Lionheart playMAT PLUS retails for about $56. It’s a great solution for kids playroom flooring that is durable, is easy to clean, and is fun to play on!
This is my affiliate link with Amazon. I may get a small commission on any purchase you make.