Need a gift for the teacher? Get a list of 15+ creative DIY teacher gift ideas for Christmas!
Teachers have had a rough year, and there is no better time to show your appreciation than the holidays.
There are tons of gift ideas out there for teachers, from traditional favorites like coffee mugs and totes, but why not make a gift on your own?
I have curated a list of creative DIY teacher gifts that can help inspire you and let your children’s teachers know how much you care.
A gift from the heart is all that matters, and a handmade gift can certainly show that! Many teachers love handmade gifts, especially when they’re made by students themselves.
DIY Teacher Gift Ideas
This is a list of gift ideas from some really creative bloggers. Teachers would LOVE these diy gift ideas!
15+ Creative DIY Teacher Gift Ideas for Christmas
Click on the links below to get diy teacher gift ideas that either you or the kids can create!
DIY No. 2 Pencil Mason Jar Pencil Holder
- A creative and crafty way to add cute decor to your teacher’s desk.
How To Make Rose Petal Bath Bombs
- Give the gift of relaxation with these bath bombs.
DIY Apple Block Decor using Scrap Wood
- This DIY decor idea uses scrap materials.
DIY Gift Card Snow Globe
- Pair a gift card with this cute DIY!
The Easiest Ways to Make a Sharpie Mug DIY!
- Teachers love mugs. Make your own cute message on a mug with a Sharpie.
Free Teacher Appreciation Printables (+ Supplies Teachers Need)
- Download these printables to add color and cheer to your teacher gift.
DIY Teacher Appreciation Candy Wrappers
- Try giving sweet candy bars with a handmade note wrapped around each bar.
Essential Oil Roller Recipes for Teachers + DIY Gift Idea
- This is another idea for relaxation. Make essential oil blends for teachers to relax!
Luxurious DIY 3-Ingredient Vanilla Sugar Scrub
- Teachers need a little pampering now more than ever! This 3-ingredient vanilla sugar scrub is delightfully luxurious and only takes 5 minutes to make!
Homemade Pizza Seasoning Recipe
A DIY pizza night is a clever idea.
Cranberry-Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies in a Jar
- Surprise a teacher with cookie mix in a jar.
French Market Soup: Easy GF Vegan Meal & Homemade Gift Idea
- What teacher wouldn't love to come home after a long day at work to find supper all ready!
Paper Clip Angels (Cute Homemade Christmas Ornament)
This is another great "little" gift that's perfect for teachers and involves great fine-motor-skills practice for littles to make.
Warm and Merry Neighbor Gifts (with a Free Printable!)
These gifts are perfect for neighbors and teachers.
Four Unique Ideas for Teacher Appreciation Gifts
- Try one of these four DIYs including a creative tissue box.
Snowman Hot Chocolate Jars Make Great Gifts!
- Make a hot chocolate jar for winter.
How to Make DIY Hot Cocoa Bombs with Marshmallows
- This hot chocolate idea is unique! Give the gift of hot cocoa bombs.
How to Make Candy Cane Peppermint Sugar Scrub
- Create a festive gift with a seasonal scent.
Thank You for Being a Great Teacher Appreciation Printable
- This printable gives you lots of room to write up how thankful you are of your teachers.
DIY Teacher Gift Tutorial – Canvas Wall Art
Try this canvas wall art tutorial for a budget-friendly gift!
Thank You, Teachers, For All You Do
Print out this teacher appreciation letter to include with a gift!
Need to Save on DIY Gift Supplies?
Need to order some crafting supplies for the DIY gifts? Currently, you can get 7% back when you buy a Michael’s gift card through Ibotta, and then an additional 1% back when you shop through Ibotta on Michaels.com!
It’s really easy! Log in to Ibotta on your smartphone or tablet, scroll down to gift cards, and look through the list of retailers available to find the Michael’s gift card. Enter the amount you want (some do have a minimum purchase amount), click on Review, and authorize the payment. Simple!
You’ll get cash back from your purchase.
Then, visit the list of retailers in the Ibotta app to find Michael’s, and shop online using the gift card to get more cash back. Win win!
No Time for DIY?
No time for DIY? No worries! Teachers love gift cards, too!
Did you know that you can use Ibotta to order gift cards that can be easily sent via email or text?
It’s simple! Follow the same directions above for ordering a gift card, but this time choose “This is a gift”. You’ll get directions of how to send the gift card to the recipient.
When all else fails, you could always send a Winc Wine Subscription! (Get 40% off when you use my link!)
Other Ideas for DIY Teacher Gifts?
What did you think of this list? Have any other ideas for DIY teacher gifts? Leave a comment below!
Get gift ideas for family and friends in this gift guide!
I actually didn’t know I was supposed to get teachers gifts for Christmas. I honestly only do it once a year right before the end of the year. Shook.
Alyssa, it’s not something that you’re ‘supposed’ to do, but a lot of people do it to be nice in the middle of the year. When I was a teacher, I received gifts from my students at Christmas even though I never asked for anything. I was grateful to be recognized by my students and their parents, even if the gift was as simple as a homemade card or letter. In fact, those were often my favorite gifts! Ten years later, I still have many of the homemade gifts.