Packing your baby’s diaper bag? Get a checklist of summer diaper bag essentials!
Summer Diaper Bag Essentials Checklist
My Summer Diaper Bag Essentials Checklist is brought to you thanks to a partnership with Beech-Nut. This post contains affiliate links.
Summer begs for families to spend more time outside and in places other than home. Who can resist being outside in the fresh air and sunshine?
Now that summer is here, it’s time to replace my winter diaper bag essentials with summertime diaper bag essentials.
Besides the usual diapers and wipes that I keep stocked, these items would be added as summertime diaper bag essentials:
1. Sun hat: I bring the baby’s sun hat in the diaper bag. I’d say sunglasses too, but she isn’t a huge fan of them. The sun hat keeps the sun off her face and her neck.
2. Water cup: Hydration is so important during the summer. I make sure I have the baby’s water cup, plus my own. I keep water cold in my insulated stainless steel water bottle.
3. First Aid Kit: A portable mini First Aid Kit is a must for me when my kiddos are on the move in the summertime. I keep it stocked on band-aids and antibiotic ointment for scrapes and cuts.
4. Snacks: Portable snacks are a must, especially for the baby. The baby is a big fan of the new Beech-Nut Toddler Finger Food Snacks, especially the Strawberry Fruity Oat Bars and the Blueberry Cereal Puffs. I like that I can bring these portable snacks along on all of our summertime adventures. I keep the bars in the wrappers but I like to put the puffs in a snack catcher so she doesn’t spill them all over.
5. Portable Picnic Blanket: Summer is great for impromptu picnics! I keep my portable portable picnic blanket in the diaper bag for picnics or for when we just want to relax in the grass.
6. Sunscreen: Sunscreen is a must-have for summer fun. While I lather up the kids before we leave the house usually, I like to keep a bottle of sunscreen in the diaper bag as well.
7. Insect Repellent: With ticks being so bad this year, I actually bring a bottle of insect repellent in my diaper bag. I really like Avon Skin So Soft Bug Guard Plus Expedition because it’s DEET-free, PABA-free, dermatologist-tested, and hypoallergenic (thank you to the person that recommended it to me!). I only use it around the baby’s shoes and the bottoms of her pants to keep the ticks and mosquitoes away. I also use it on myself, and I must say that it is one of the best bugs sprays I have ever used!
8. Extra Clothes: Ice cream drips, grass stains, muddy puddles, diaper explosions…you get the point. Extra clothes are needed for the baby. I keep them in the handy bottom pocket of my diaper bag.
9. Swim diaper: While my other kiddos can get their clothes and underclothes wet while playing in water, it’s a bit trickier for the baby since she’s still in diapers. I bring my reusable GroVia swim diaper so she can have fun in the water too.
10. Ring Sling: Honestly, I keep my Beachfront Baby Ring Sling in my diaper bag year round, but it is awesome to have in the summer. Not only does it fit well in the diaper bag, but it’s made for summer heat and for getting wet!
About the New Beech-Nut Toddler Snacks
Besides being yummy, the new Beech-Nut Toddler Snacks are made with just a few simple, natural ingredients, with real fruits and vegetables. I love that I can stash a few in my diaper bag and have them ready anytime the baby needs a snack.
The new snacks include:
- Fruity Oat Bars
- Quinoa Crispies
- Fruit and Veggie Melties
- and Cereal Puffs
Note: The Quinoa Crispies are very yummy, but they can get a little messy.
New Beech-Nut Infant Cereals
Also new from Beech-Nut are the convenient options for baby cereal, including:
- Ready-to-Eat Cereal Pouches
- Beech-Nut Complete
- Beech-Nut Sensitive
- and Beech-Nut Organics
The cereal pouches are the first in the industry and include pre-mixed cereal with water and fortified with iron, vitamins and minerals. The infant cereal is in new, easy to use canisters that have a built-in measuring cap and dual sided spout for easy pouring.
Where to Buy Beech-Nut Toddler Snacks and Baby Cereal
Beech-Nut’s new products will be available at select stores. For a list of where you can find them, visit beechnut.com/find.
Many thanks again to Beech-Nut for sending me these new toddler snacks to try!
Also read: What’s in Beech-Nut Baby Food? Real Food