Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Roast Recipe
This past week I have been part of a clean eating challenge, where we basically don’t eat processed foods. One of the recipes shared with us is a chicken pot roast, but I changed it a bit to suit my taste. Instead of some of the other herbs included in the original recipe, I used Mrs. Dash Tomato Basil Garlic No-Salt Seasoning, which is all natural. I have used it in chicken recipes before and it is delicious!
Chicken Pot Roast Ingredients (4-6 servings)
- 2-3 chicken breasts (boneless, skinless optional)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp Mrs. Dash Tomato Basil Garlic No-Salt Seasoning
- Kosher or sea salt to taste
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 stalks celery
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 1/2 cup fresh chives (optional)
- 2-3 medium potatoes, cut into cubes
Instructions for Chicken Pot Roast:
- In a gallon size plastic bag, add olive oil, garlic, salt, and black pepper.
- Rinse chicken and pat dry. Add 1 breast to the bag and seal shut. Massage olive oil and seasonings onto the breast. Remove and set aside. Repeat with remaining breasts.
- Add water to the slow cooker. Set on low.
- Add celery. Add chicken on top of celery, then carrots and potatoes.
- (optional) Add fresh chives.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours, until chicken is 165° and vegetables are tender.
That’s it! It’s a complete meal that you can prepare mid-morning and have it ready for dinner time. Enjoy this easy chicken pot roast recipe!
Pin for later <<— Click Here
Pamela Gurganus says
I love to cook in my crock pot. Especially here in central Florida. It just get too hot to turn the oven and stove top on. Even with the air conditioning on! This recipe sounds great and I can’t wait to try it. Thanks for sharing!
I’ve not yet made anything like this, I want to get a slow cooker soon! I’ve been looking online, oh I would love to make this recipe!