Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Roast Recipe
This past week I have been part of a clean eating challenge, where we basically don’t eat processed foods. One of the recipes shared with us is a chicken pot roast, but I changed it a bit to suit my taste. Instead of some of the other herbs included in the original recipe, I used Mrs. Dash Tomato Basil Garlic No-Salt Seasoning, which is all natural. I have used it in chicken recipes before and it is delicious!
Chicken Pot Roast Ingredients (4-6 servings)
- 2-3 chicken breasts (boneless, skinless optional)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp Mrs. Dash Tomato Basil Garlic No-Salt Seasoning
- Kosher or sea salt to taste
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 stalks celery
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 1/2 cup fresh chives (optional)
- 2-3 medium potatoes, cut into cubes
Instructions for Chicken Pot Roast:
- In a gallon size plastic bag, add olive oil, garlic, salt, and black pepper.
- Rinse chicken and pat dry. Add 1 breast to the bag and seal shut. Massage olive oil and seasonings onto the breast. Remove and set aside. Repeat with remaining breasts.
- Add water to the slow cooker. Set on low.
- Add celery. Add chicken on top of celery, then carrots and potatoes.
- (optional) Add fresh chives.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours, until chicken is 165° and vegetables are tender.
That’s it! It’s a complete meal that you can prepare mid-morning and have it ready for dinner time. Enjoy this easy chicken pot roast recipe!
Pin for later <<— Click Here