LeapFrog Epic Tablet for Kids
What do you look for in a kids’ tablet? Do you want one with learning apps along with fun apps? Do you look for one with kid-safe browsing or easy to use parental controls? The new LeapFrog Epic Tablet has that and a lot more!
“As a LeapFrog Mom Ambassador, I receive products , promotional items and educational material to use and share as I see fit. However, any opinions expressed by me are honest and reflect my actual experience. “
Do you follow MommyKnowsWhatsBest on Instagram? If so, you’ve been seeing why we think the LeapFrog Epic Tablet is EPIC!
[bctt tweet=”Find out why the new @LeapFrog Epic Tablet is so EPIC! #LeapFrogMomSquad #ad”] Thanks to LeapFrog, the kids and I have had the chance to review the Epic tablet, and we love it. Here’s why:
- It’s the first LeapFrog tablet, or any tablet for that matter, with a playable homescreen! Not only can kids access all of their apps on the home-screen, they can design their own little world and watch it change from day to night, watch the weather change, move around animated characters, and get a new surprise every day!
- The LeapFrog Epic can be adjusted for grade levels and is great for kids ages 3-9. With Just for Me ™ Learning technology, the games can be personalized up to 10 different ways, and some games even adjust curriculum levels as your child learns and makes progress.
- Kids can use exclusive LeapFrog content, including games, apps, eBooks and more, but they can also add other kid-friendly apps like Fruit Ninja Academy. These extra apps are LeapFrog certified to make sure that there are no third-party ads and age-appropriate experiences.
- The Epic, like the LeapFrog Platinum, has the kid-friendly LeapSearch browser that has kid-safe web content, like cute music videos and more.
- With parent controls, you can manage what your child plays, for how long they play, and when they play.
- The LeapFrog Epic has 2 cameras, a 7 inch screen, Wi-Fi capability, a stylus, and 20+ built in apps.
- The LeapFrog Epic has a charger just like any other Android device.
Out of the box, you can tell it looks like a regular kids’ tablet.
It takes a few minutes or so to set up the tablet. I highly suggest that if you plan on giving this as a gift, that you take it out of the box and set it up so your kiddos can play right away! It’s not hard to set it up, but I know some kiddos (ahem..mine) can be impatient when a fun new toy is around!
What’s great about the setup process is that it actually teaches parents how to use the tablet. I know often we give our kids technology and kinda expect them to figure it out, but I really love when parents take the time to learn the technology as well.
For instance, in the process of setting up the tablet, I found that I can also use the tablet as a regular adult tablet, and I can also add things to my kids tablet from the Amazon App! In fact, my toddler wanted to play a game on the Epic that his big brother was playing on his other tablet, and I was able to download that game for him so he could safely play it on his own!
More Reasons Why the LeapFrog Epic is EPIC!
The name Epic actually stands for Explore, Play, Imagine, and Create. My kiddos have done just that with the tablet, spending hours of fun learning, exploring, and creating. With the 25 apps that are on the tablet from the start, fun can begin right away!
My 4 year old daughter, who loves arts and crafts, likes to draw on the Epic (sorry the image is a little dark!).
Even my oldest, 7 years old, enjoys the games on the Epic. He also has fun playing around with his home screen, adding new interactive stickers and changing the weather.
With LeapSearch, the kiddos can look up funny videos that are kid-safe. This is a great activity when they just need to be distracted for a few minutes (hint hint!). It’s also great for when everyone wants a good laugh!
One thing I wish is that it was able to sync to the LeapFrog Platinum. My little girl wanted to use the Pet Chat App that comes on both the Epic and the Platinum, but as I found out, the two tablets don’t sync. We would need either another Epic or Platinum to get the app to work together, but we still had fun pretending anyway!
This tablet is truly EPIC! Thanks so much to LeapFrog for sending it our way!
Where to Buy the LeapFrog Epic Tablet
This is going to be a HOT toy during the holidays! You can learn more about it on LeapFrog.com and find it on Amazon where you can buy it in either the green skin or pink skin (and get FREE two-day shipping if you have PRIME!) .
Want to learn more about other LeapFrog products we love? Read all of my reviews here!
“As a LeapFrog Mom Ambassador, I receive products , promotional items and educational material to use and share as I see fit. However, any opinions expressed by me are honest and reflect my actual experience. This post contains affiliate links.”
Leave a Reply